Anthony Wroten Jr. - PG - Garfield HS - Seattle, WA - WASHINGTON

• 24 replies

Re: Anthony Wroten Jr. - PG - Garfield HS - Seattle, WA
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 02:45:37 PM »
Well he is Nate Robinson cousin, even more of a reason the Knicks need to resign Nate after this year i am sure  that will help if Nate is still playing in NY
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2008, 12:16:37 AM »
nah probably not

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 09:48:23 PM »
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/highschoolsports/2008484627_wroten09.html

Won't be allowed to play in his high school season.  Caught living in a different district.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2008, 09:51:42 PM by jumpinjohnny »
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2009, 11:37:46 AM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=934476

Anthony Wroten Jr.- Smith's teammate, however, admitted that Washington is the school to beat in his recruitment. He said on Thursday his family fielded calls from Indiana, Marquette, Kentucky and Ohio State. He also listed Syracuse, St. John's, Miami, Louisville and Georgia Tech as his top schools at the moment along with Washington. But then he quickly added that his top schools change daily.

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 03:46:57 PM »
http://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=953629

Anthony Wroten Jr. said his school list changes daily, but he is intrigued with playing in the Big East and being close to his cousin Nate Robinson, who plays for the New York Knicks. He did list Syracuse, St. John's and Seton Hall as schools of interest and refuted the speculation that Washington is the leader for his services.

LJSA

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 04:14:47 PM »
With our luck, he'll actually sign, but then ask to be released from his LOI when Nate gets traded.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 03:13:10 AM »
Lance & Anthony were going at for a little while at the elite 24 last year.That is when I found out Nate was his cousin.

It is a win , win for both teams , Nate was the Knicks MVP last year filling up the stats sheet in many categories

Worten looked very talented & show a lot of heart not backing down from Lance at Rucker

When was the ls time we got a top 5 prospect?
Attack basketball, pressure defense, 40 minutes of hell ... Early on it might be 30 minutes of hell, then 10 minutes of what the hell are you doing?"

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »
I would go after Wroten, Jr. and have Robinson aide in the recruitment.  I'm not gonna turn this into a Norm-bash (and, I hope this doesn't start one on this thread)....  But I'd feel much more confident, if we had a coach who could 'seal the deal,' per se'. 

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2009, 01:07:58 PM »
Might be tough getting nate's help considering nate played three years at U Washington. I don't know what makes people think just becasue nate is in NY that he would want his cousin to come to unstable program rather than play for Romar who nate played for himself.

pmg911

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2009, 01:54:09 PM »
I would go after Wroten, Jr. and have Robinson aide in the recruitment. 

isn't it a violation for St. John's to ask a pro player to help recruit..?

LJSA

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2009, 02:24:52 PM »
That pro player also went to UW, so I'm not sure why he'd help us in the first place.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2009, 02:32:54 PM »
I would go after Wroten, Jr. and have Robinson aide in the recruitment. 

isn't it a violation for St. John's to ask a pro player to help recruit..?

I'm sure it is!  But, I bet that haven't stopped other schools from using such tactics. 

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2009, 02:35:31 PM »
That pro player also went to UW, so I'm not sure why he'd help us in the first place.

This is true!  I'm sure Robinson would rather his cousin go to the University of Washington and play Romar (same school and coach that he played under).  But, I wouldn't doubt that Robinson wouldn't mind his cousin coming out to New York, if Robinson felt he'd be a Knick for a few more seasons.

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2009, 11:11:10 PM »
Robinson might not even be with the ny next year...word is he wants to go play in Portland but they are loaded at his position.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2009, 09:39:40 PM »
http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?cid=956465

Being that Wroten, Jr., intends to take all five official visits, he's in no hurry to make a decision about his future. However, that doesn't mean he hasn't put any thought into his recruitment.

On Monday evening, Wroten, Jr., told Jayhawk Slant that 10 schools have emerged as the frontrunners in his recruitment.

"I have a top 10 list of schools," he said. "Kansas, Alabama, Syracuse, Villanova, Seton Hall, Louisville, Georgia Tech, St. John's, Missouri, and Washington are my top schools. I am going to wait and see who watches me in July and then go from there.

"I don't know when I'm going to narrow my list," he added. "I'm just going to wait and see, and then go from there. I really don't know what I'm going to do next."

LJSA

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 05:25:45 PM »
I hate Norm, but he and the staff do seem to do a good job when they actually manage to get a kid on campus for something other than a courtesy visit. If we can keep this kid interested long enough to get him here, you never know.

peter

• Rumble in the Garden
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 10:56:32 AM »
http://w3.nbebasketball.com/2009/07/19/2009-peach-jam-recap-part-iv/

Anthony Wroten Jr., 6-5, Seattle Rotary Select, 2011: Wroten had a slow start against All Ohio Red, but he really picked it up in the second half, finishing with 13 points – 11 coming in the latter period. He was hampered by a sprained ankle, so he had difficulty driving to the basket, but he was effective on pull-up three-pointers. He is acrobatic when going to the rim, and has the ability to kick it out to an open teammate.

Wroten told NBE that he is very interested in coming east to play in college and schools under serious consideration in that scenario would be Villanova, Louisville, Seton Hall and St. John’s.

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2009, 04:43:59 PM »
http://www.zagsblog.com/2009/08/20/boost-mobile-profile-tony-wroten/#more-20940

“I just like the Big East style of play,” he said. “Most everybody in the Big East plays uptempo. That’s the type of style I like.”

Who are his favorites?

“‘Nova and Syracuse, they’re the top two,” he said.

He likes Villanova’s “guard play, they get after it.”

As for the Orange, “I like how they play, the zone. And it’s a big football region.”

He also likes UConn, St. John’s and Seton Hall.

“I’m serious about [UConn] and I’m real serious about St. John’s, too,” he said. “They play in the Garden, it’s in the Big East, it’s in New York City.”

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2009, 07:01:18 PM »
WROTEN LIKES ‘CUSE

Seattle (Wash.) Garfield 2011 point guard Tony Wroten says he has a favorite school.

“Syracuse,” Wroten wrote in a text.

The No. 2 point guard in the Class of 2011 is also being courted by Villanova, Louisville, St. John’s and Seton Hall in the Big East and Grambling, Southern and Florida A&M outside of it.
When you're a kid from New York and you do it in New York, that lasts forever!